In 2014 alone, we shared over $383,000 to help improve the lives of those living, working and playing in the area. Many of our community initiatives also allow us to have fun and spend time with the people who call the Kootenays home, helping us forge a real connection with the people who make up our communities, and all those with close ties to the region.
2014 COMMUNITY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS.
- $178,324 in grants and donations awarded by the Kootenay Savings Community Foundation
- $58,209 in financial sponsorships
- $24,652 in in-kind donations and support
- $57,602 funds raised through employee-led fundraisers
- $40,600 in youth achievement and education awards
- $23,820 distributed via our employee Care Wear Program
EXAMPLES OF HOW WE GAVE BACK IN 2014.
- $44,000 raised for regional health care initiatives
- $50,000 gifted to eight local community foundations
- 2,300 people attended our Family Movie in the Park events, donating an estimated 1500 pounds of food
- 128 community groups and organizations supported through grants and sponsorships
- 126 community groups and organizations supported through in-kind donations
- 21 community groups and organizations benefitting from Care Wear Program
- 18 high school bursaries awarded at $750 each
- $13,500 in educational funding to Selkirk College and the College of the Rockies
- 4 Community Champs Bursaries, at $2000 each, to honour individuals for their community commitment
- 4 youth sponsorships to attend YES Leadership Camp
- $3,000 distributed through our Kootenay Kids Super Saver Awards Program
- 377 students at 13 different schools participated in our Kootenay Kids Cash financial literacy workshop
To learn more about all the groups and initiatives we support visit creditunionsarehelpinghere.com,